What does sales and business development for a tech company involve?
Demand for exceptional sales talent in tech is growing exponentially. But it's a career path that many people shy away from.
Why? Because of the misconception that to be a sales person you have to be a pushy arm-twister. Sales, or business development is the lifeblood of every company, and in the context of working for a software or tech company, you are the front line.
In this online training course you will learn how the Business Development function in a tech company operates as well as what skills you need to become a successful Junior Sales Rep. You’ll also discover how to create a sales strategy for a tech company and tactics to sell a SaaS or tech product.
This course covers lead generation, creating customer profiles and a value proposition, the sales process and much more!
Who's it for?
- Business and entrepreneurialism grads who want to work in a commercial function.
- Other grads such as History or Psychology who want to learn about business development.
- Career changers such as recruiters who have sales skills but fancy the challenge of working in tech.
- School leavers who are confident communicators and are looking for their first job.
- Technical graduates considering a career in software development.
At a glance
Takes 3 hours
Free - funded by us
5 modules and 17 videos
What will I learn about?
Module 1 - What is a business development exec?
- Lesson 1 - What is a business development exec?
- Lesson 2 - 7 attributes of a successful Business Development Exec
- Lesson 3 - Common sales team set-ups
- Lesson 4 - What to expect when you start your new job
- Lesson 5 - Business development targets & compensation
Module 2 - How to create a SaaS or Tech sales strategy
- Lesson 6 - What is a sales strategy?
- Lesson 7 - Setting goals
- Lesson 8 - Customer profile
- Lesson 9 - Competitor analysis and value proposition
- Lesson 10 - Sales team set-up
- Lesson 11 - Sales activities to achieve the goals
Module 3 - How to sell a SaaS or Tech product/service
- Lesson 13 - The sales process
- Lesson 14 - Lead generation
- Lesson 15 - Sales development
- Lesson 16 - Asking for the close
- Lesson 17 - Finalising the deal
- Lesson 18 - Tracking sales data
- Quiz 3 - Understanding the SaaS/Tech sales process
Check out more training courses...