Learn how to use search to drive user acquisition and growth
If you've got a technical and numerical mind becoming an expert in search could be for you. Usually people will specialise in either SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) or PPC (Pay-per click). We're teaching them together because it's important when you're starting out to understand both techniques, and crucially how one affects and supports the other.
Tech companies are often looking for marketers who can drive growth and "acquisition". Both SEO and PPC are disciplines that sit under this umbrella. In this training course you will learn about the Google algorithm and how it drives everything you do, how to set up your first campaign and how to monitor and optimise your campaigns for the best results.
Who's it for?
- Technical grads who want to work in the growth function of a tech company.
- Other grads such with strong mathematical and technical skills.
- Junior marketers who are yet to learn SEO and PPC, but fancy a more technical challenge.
- Content and social media marketers and bloggers who want to learn more about SEO and paid social.
- School leavers who have good grades in Maths and are looking for their first job.
At a glance
Takes 8 hours
Free - funded by us
5 modules and 10 videos
What will I learn about?
Module 1 - Is search marketing for you?
- Lesson 1 - Discover the skills, attributes and experience needed for a role in search marketing
- Lesson 2 - The 5 types of entry-level search marketing roles
- Lesson 3 - Complete the skills, attributes and experience worksheet
Module 2 - 'Understanding the basics of search'
- Lesson 4 - The history of search
- Quiz 1 - The history of search
- Lesson 5 - What is search?
- Quiz 2 - What is search?
- Lesson 6 - The anatomy of a search page
- Quiz 3 - The anatomy of a search page
Module 3 - How to use search engine optimisation for business
- Lesson 7 - What is SEO and the Google Algorithm?
- Quiz 4 - What is SEO and the Google Algorithm?
- Lesson 8 - How to set up your first SEO campaign
- Quiz 5 - How to set up your first SEO campaign
- SEO Project - Website Audit
- SEO Project - Instructions and downloads
Module 4 - How to use Pay-Per-Click (PPC) for business
- Lesson 9 - The nuts and bolts of PPC
- Quiz 6 - The nuts and bolts of PPC
- Lesson 10 - How to set up your first PPC campaign
- Quiz 7 - How to set up your first PPC campaign
Module 5 - How to analyse search campaigns and data
- Lesson 11 - Search at work - 3 business case studies
- Lesson 12 - Understanding the key metrics, data and analytics
- Quiz 8 - Understanding the key metrics, data and analytics
Check out more training courses...